Elle Macpherson’s Trainer Shares 5 Tips on How to Lose 10 Pounds in Two Weeks
At 52, Elle Macpherson doesn’t look like she’s giving up her famous nickname anytime soon. The supermodel, nicknamed “The Body” by Time Magazine in 1989 is still turning heads with an age-defying physique. As reported on by Now to Love, her former personal trainer James Duigan reveals some simple tips to jumpstart your weight-loss efforts and get your best body now.
You May Also Like: Halle Berry is the Latest 50-Year-Old to Flaunt Her Fierce Bikini Body
According to Duigan, it’s totally possible to lose up to 10 pounds in just two weeks with a combination of diet, exercise and some hard and fast rules designed to take your weight loss to the next level. He emphasizes that the amount of weight loss to be expected should take into account your starting weight and how much you have to lose in the first place.
In his two week diet plan, the celebrity trainer and author of Clean & Lean recommends women have a daily caloric intake of about 1,300–1,650 calories, depending on your starting weight. In addition to a low-calorie diet, he recommends following these easy-to-incorporate rules:
- Scale down your coffee intake to just one cup a day. After that, drink green tea to get your caffeine fix.
- To reduce stubborn fat in your upper arms, eat lots of green vegetables or take a fiber supplement. Fiber can help reduce “bat wings,” or flabby upper arms by eliminating toxins.
- Limit your alcohol intake to four drinks per week. If you are going to indulge in a 100-calorie glass of wine, skip a snack that day.
- Avoid consuming any bread and/or pasta, as your body converts wheat to sugar faster than any other grain.
- Don’t swap real dairy for low-fat yogurt. Duigan recommends eating real butter, milk or yogurt (in small doses) as opposed to reaching for a substitute like low-fat yogurt, which he says is loaded with sugar and sodium.
Of course clean eating, small portions and exercise are the keys to his Clean & Lean philosophy, but these easy-to-follow rules can help you stay focused and on track in these months leading up to summer.