When we think of summer, the first hairstyle that comes to mind is effortless beachy waves. But how can we pull off this classic hairstyle without it turning into a frizzy mess? We turned to Tresemmé stylist Jeanie Syfu for her tips on creating this look at home.
Fresh, Natural Waves
1. Prep damp hair with a styling foam like TRESemmé Perfectly (un)Done Wave Creation Sea Foam ($8) from roots to ends.
2. Use a diffuser to blow-dry hair to create natural waves.
3. To enhance those waves, use a flat iron by turning the plates in a zig-zag pattern down the lengths of your hair. Make sure you hold it there for a few seconds on each bend.
4. To finish your look and add volume, use your fingers to comb through hair.
On Second-Day Hair
1. Start by applying a hairspray like TRESemmé Perfectly (un)Done Sea Salt Spray ($8).
2. Then, create two French braids on both sides of your head. Once you reach the nape of your neck, join them into one big braid and fasten with an elastic band.
3. You can either diffuse the braids with a blow-dryer on high heat or leave them in to air-dry overnight.
4. Once dry, undo the braids, flip your hair upside down and finger-comb through for a loose, beachy look.