With the release of the much-anticipated movie “Gone Girl”, the stars of the Gillian Flynn movie adaptation are making their media rounds. Celebrity Makeup Artist Alex Byrne breaks down how to recreate Rosamund Pike’s natural yet very polished beauty look.
1. To create luminous skin, Byrne started with a layer of Sisley Black Rose Precious Face Oil ($235) for a long lasting glow. He buffed in Sisley Instant Perfect and Global Perfect Pore Minimizer to smooth and mattify skin.
2. Sisley’s new Phyto-Teint Expert Foundation ($137) in a lighter shade was used under Rosamund’s eyes and along the tops of the cheek bones and a darker shade everywhere else.
3. To help accentuate the contours of the cheekbones he added a layer of Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Powder ($58) and then applied NARS Orgasm Blush ($30) on the apples of her cheeks for a warm glow.
4. For added brightness, Byrne pressed in Tom Ford’s Concealing Pen ($52) beneath Rosamund’s eyes, along the top of her cheekbones and the outer corners of her lips.
5. For the eyes, Byrne started with a light layer of Sisley Eye Shadow in Dune ($48), pressing it in above the top lash line and blended up toward the brow bone. To emphasize the lash line, he swiped Sisley Phyto-Kohl Perfect in Deep Jungle ($57) into the roots of the top lashes and blended toward the inner corner.
6. He filled Rosamund’s eyebrows in before curling and applying two layers of Sisley Mascara So Intense ($67) to her lashes for extra volume.
7.For the lips, Byrne used Sisley Phyto Lip Twist #2 ($50) for a delicate non-sticky lip stain and then dusted a light layer of Japonesque Velvet Touch Finishing Powder ($26) to remove any excess shine.
8. To refresh and hydrate Rosamund’s skin throughout the day, he spritzed Sisley Floral Mist ($100) over the top of her makeup.
Find a Doctor
Find a NewBeauty "Top Beauty Doctor" Near you