Create Better Cheekbones With Makeup
By NewBeauty Editors |
Want to give your face a more sculpted look without going under the knife? No problem. In addition to your makeup essentials, all you need is bronzer, a contouring cream or powder and a highlighter. Trust us, it works. How, you ask? Adding shadows to the lower part of the cheeks strengthens definition and really accentuates the cheekbones. Try it.
Follow these steps to sculpt your cheeks:
1. Suck in your cheeks to see where your natural contours are.
2. Apply the lighter shade of makeup in an elongated oval pattern to the top of the cheekbones.
3. Contour the bottom part of the cheeks with a darker color. Stay slightly below the cheekbone using the top of your ear and corner of your mouth as your guide. Don’t get too close to the mouth and nose, which can create an unhealthy “hollow effect”.
4. Blend the color from the cheekbones up and toward the temples.
5. Highlight the apples of the cheeks, pulling the color toward the top of your cheek where the cheekbones and temples meet.
6. Top the cheeks with blush on the apples of the cheeks.
If makeup really can’t do the trick, read three other ways to fix your flat cheeks here.