Dr. Nathan Hoffman
Affiliation:Academy of General Dentistry, American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, American Dental Association, Chicago Dental Society, Illinois State Dental Society
A Minute With
- What is the one thing your practice offers that is really unique?
We listen, keep it simple and focus on results that are naturally beautiful.
- Do you have a career-defining patient?
The first smile makeover I did where a patient cried in the chair because they were so happy. Making that transformation that elicited such emotion in a patient is when I knew I wanted to focus on cosmetic dentistry.
- What is the most common medical myth you've ever heard?
That you have to drill teeth down to “stumps” or “nubs” to get veneers. I use an extremely conservative technique that allows me to do very minimal prepping for veneers.
- Which three words best describe you?
Passionate, loyal, detailed
- How do you manage patient expectations?
Communication. We build expectations together.
- What are your most requested procedures?
Cosmetic smile makeovers
- How do you show patients you care post-treatment?
Simple things that go a long way, for instance, we always call after treatment to check on our patients. Patients who receive treatment are also given my cell phone number, so they can reach me directly, at any time with questions or concerns that come up after they leave our office. The best way we show we care post-treatment though, is by featuring patients in photos and videos for advertising. All of the media we create is done using real patients of mine who received treatment. We do not use stock images to promote my work, patients are the face of the brand and I think that is very meaningful.
- How does your staff enhance your practice?
My staff is everything! They help provide the entire experience.
- Dental Implants
- Full-Mouth Reconstruction
- Gum Contouring
- Laser Dentistry
- Smile Makeovers
- Teeth Whitening