Hollywood’s elite, like Kate Winslet and Tilda Swinton, as well as women all over the world turn to New York–based skin-care guru Tracie Martyn for needs that range from basic to more complex. That’s why we wanted to find out what she does to maintain her own healthy, glowing and beautiful skin. Luckily she spilled her secrets to us.
Her beauty philosophy
“I believe beauty is more than skin deep. Confidence enhances it. And, if you take care of your skin with a good beauty regimen, you can be confident in a gracious way.”
Her daily skin-care routine
1) “My daily routine is quite simple and gentle, yet effective. I always start with my Amla Purifying Cleanser ($65).
2) If I have time, I splash on a toner with hyaluronic acid.
3) Then, I’ll apply the Enzyme Exfoliant ($90) mask/exfoliator, which targets everything from pores and wrinkles to hyperpigmentation.
4) During the day, I apply moisturizer with trehalose.
5) And at night, I use my potent skin-building and strengthening firming serum.”
Makeup she can’t live without
“Lancôme has some beautiful lipstick colors. I use Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer ($22) because it doesn’t look heavy on the skin and helps hide dark circles. Shiseido Makeup Perfect Smoothing Compact Foundation SPF 15 ($31) is another favorite since it goes on easily and smoothly and gives some sun protection.”
How she stays in shape to keep clear skin
“I am eclectic in my approach. I am a certified yoga teacher and often practice on my own; I do Pilates weekly and am a big fan of SoulCycle. I also take a nutritional supplement, which contains a bio-available form of carnitine.”
Find a Doctor
Find a NewBeauty "Top Beauty Doctor" Near you