What 5 Top Makeup Artists Always Buy at Ricky’s
By Danielle Fontana , Digital Editor |
When a makeup artist's kit needs a refill, there's no place quite like Ricky's. Here's what five top makeup artists pick up every trip.
You May Also Like: The 5 Pink Lipsticks Makeup Artists Say Flatter Every Skin Tone
Dusty Starks, celebrity makeup artist
- Ben Nye MediaPro Crème Blushes ($18). "I love how versatile they are—they’re perfect as blush, lip stain or a sheer wash of color on the eye."
- Dr. PawPaw Original Clear Balm ($10). "This is another product that I use on every client at some point. It’s a hydrating, rich balm that I use on the lips and any dry patches. I love to dab a little on the cheekbones for a gorgeous highlight."
- Ardell Knot-Free Individual Lashes in Medium ($4). "My go-to when I want to add subtle flair to the corners of the eye or create a full-glam lash really easily. The fact that they are knot-free helps make them look natural and feel more comfortable on the eye.”
Alexx Mayo, celebrity makeup artist
- Jao Hand Refresher ($17). "This is my favorite way to sanitize hands—it’s non-drying and smells like a day at the spa."
- The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 Serum ($7). "A must, especially during the winter and after a lot of travel. It instantly boosts hydration—and it’s less than $10!"
- Bioderma Sensibio ($10). "This micellar water is the best way to cleanse your face, remove makeup and tone without having to rinse. It’s so gentle and great for every skin type.”
Dillon Pena, celebrity makeup artist
“When I lived in NYC, I always found myself at Ricky’s for Duo lash glue ($7), Ardell lashes ($5) and Ben Nye Banana Powder ($15) or Neutral Colorless Powder ($11). They also have an assortment of glitters or pigments that I could pick up in a clutch.”
You May Also Like: 9 Drugstore Foundations Makeup Artists Actually Love
Jamie Dorman, celebrity makeup artist
- L.A. Girl HD Pro Conceal ($5). "It blends so well, is long-lasting and comes in great shades for color-correcting."
- Adell Knot Free Individual Medium Flare Lashes ($4). "The easiest way to build a natural looking lash by layering the individual lashes. Because they’re not tied and knotted, it makes where the real lashes begin and the false ones start undetectable."
- Palladio Herbal Matte Blush ($7). "It's so smooth, easy to work with and comes in shades that are perfect for very fair to deep skin tones."
- beautyblenders ($20): "The ultimate foundation application and blending tool for every artist. It makes even the heaviest coverage look like it’s part of the skin.”
Justine Purdue, celebrity makeup artist
- Jao Goe All Over Body Oil ($49). "It contains almost every natural oil beneficial for the skin—and it smells amazing. it melts right in and can be used on the hair too!
- Embryolisse Artist Secret Radiant Eye ($45). "A wonderful cooling cream/gel hybrid that comes in a compact stick form. I’m obsessed with the cooling feeling and it delivers the perfect amount of hydration for the delicate skin around the eyes."
- Ben Nye Fireworks Wheel ($20) "This has been a staple in my kit for years. It contains six metallic cream colors for use all of the face, but my favorite application is blending the bronze, copper and gold colors with eyeliner to create a creamy, rich luminescent eye.”