Superstar Beyoncé sang the National Anthem during the 2013 Inauguration and looked absolutely flawless. Celebrity makeup artist Mally Roncal worked with the diva and shared all of her tips, tricks and Mally Beauty products to recreate this look.
“Beyoncé wanted to go for an old Hollywood look that would look ‘gorgois’ against her black lace dress, which was very glamorous. We went for a daytime version that we both felt would be perfect for the occasion,” Mally explains. “Anyone can achieve this easy-to-wear look at home. It works on all ages, skin types and colors.”
1. To set the skin, apply Perfect Prep Poreless Primer all over the face and Cancellation Concealer directly underneath the eyes.
2. To achieve natural-looking coverage, first, apply Ultimate Performance Liquid Foundation. Next, add a sweep of the new Diamond Unpowder to illuminate the skin. Follow by brushing on Effortless Airbrush Highlighter and Blush Duo to the cheeks.
3. For a smoky eye, use the Evercolor Shadow Stick in Saddle Shimmer. Apply all over and underneath the eyelid. Next, sweep a few shades from the Mally Beauty in the Buff Palette onto the eyelids. Finish the look by applying a small amount of Age Rebel Shadow Stick in Chocolate Diamond on the bottom lid right under your eyelashes to open up the eye. Then use the Lightwand Eyebrightener to the inner corners to instantly brighten this area. Lastly, to achieve this bold eyeliner at-home, try using the Mally Beauty Evercolor Starlight Eyeliner in Midnight, layered with the Ultimate Performance Ink Eyeliner.
4. Complement this confident eye by pairing it with a mascara that will enhance the overall look. Mally suggests either the Mally Beauty Volumizing Mascara or the new Instant Impact Mascara. To create glossy, Beyoncé-like lips, use High Shine Lip Gloss in Mally’s Look or Mally’s Baby.
5. And last but not least, before you leave the house, apply the Mally Beauty Face Defender to lock your makeup in place and Perfect Prep Hydrating Under Eye Brightener to make the eyes pop!
All of these items can be purchased at MallyBeauty.com. What do you think of Beyoncé’s makeup? Are you ready to try this look?
Find a Doctor
Find a NewBeauty "Top Beauty Doctor" Near you