Dr. Marina Peredo
About My Practice
What sets your practice apart?
As a training center for other physicians, we hold our AAAHC-accredited practice to the highest standards. We are distinctive because we continue to evolve by adding new, cutting-edge products, technologies and services.
What sets your practice apart?
As a training center for other physicians, we hold our practice to high standards. We are distinctive because we continue to evolve and grow. By adding new products and services, we enhance our patients' experience.
When treating superficial sun damage is it only aesthetic or would you be treating something that is potentially cancerous?
Certain treatments like certain peels would do something that's called porodynamics therapy and that peel will address the precancerous spot. In something like that if the patient has a lot of precancerous spots, and skin cancers I'm sure it's covered by insurance. Some of the laser treatments, because they do the reversal of the skin damage, will help prevent skin cancers in the future.
How would you characterize yourself?
I'm a fan of all things new and noteworthy, carefully balancing high tech with high touch, in addition to educating my patients.
How would your patients describe your approach?
I'm very artistic and have been described as a 'Michelangelo' by patients.
How do you spend your free time?
One of my personal passions is sculpting, which complements and enhances my work as a cosmetic dermatologist. That creativity plays a positive role in the outcome of the care my patients receive, and is complemented by the Beautiphication technique.
American Board of Dermatology
Affiliation:American Academy of Dermatology, American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
A Minute With
- Career-defining procedures
Nonsurgical facial enhancements,
particularly through the use of
injectables. Some of my patients
have fondly referred to me as
- How i would spend extra time in a day
Taking a walk in a garden,
reading a book and having
lunch with friends
- Celeb photo my patients most often bring in
Angelina Jolie for her lips
- What sets my practice apart
Passion for what I do,
integrity and the vision
of a true artist
- My playlist
Sade, Michael Bublé and Andrea Bocelli
- My greatest achievements
Raising my children—I’ve
enjoyed watching them
become who they are now
- How i make the best first impression
With a strong handshake and eye contact and by being a good listener
- My dream innovation
A product that would reverse gray hair back to its original color
- Most inspirational thing i learned this year
To make more time for family and friends
- What i love most about my profession
I have the ability to restore a person’s confidence
- Botox® Cosmetic, Dysport®, Xeomin®
- Juvéderm Voluma®
- Juvéderm® Ultra
- Juvéderm® Ultra Plus
- Restylane® / Restylane Silk
- Radiesse® / Sculptra®
- Belotero® / Perlane®
- Laser Resurfacing (Wrinkles Acne Scars / Sun Damage / Uneven Pigmentation)
- Ultherapy® Skin Tightening
- Clear + Brilliant®
- Silhouette InstaLift™
- Platelet-Rich Plasma Therapy For Skin and Hair
- Nonsurgical Facial Rejuvenation
- Tattoo Removal
- Geneve™ by Viveve
- Body Contouring
- “Dual” CoolSculpting®
- Futura Fit™
- My skin has so much sun damage and lots of brown spots. I’d like to do something on the surface only. What kind of peel goes deepest and is most refreshing?What our experts say:
You can either do a superficial chemical peel or a combination of things like microdermabrasion, that uses crystals, or there is light treatment called IPL that also works great for superficial sun damage. There are a variety of procedures that can be done.
- Do injections like Botox, Dysport, Restylane and others hurt? Do you bruise when you get them? And do you have to stay home from work for a day or two after getting them?What our experts say:
It is a needle so I would say it's slightly uncomfortable but for Restylane normally patients get numbed with a topical anesthetic. It's tolerable. You rarely bruise from Botox and Dysport but occasionally you will from filler. With Botox and Dysport you don't need to stay home from work. With fillers if it's a small bruise most of the time it can be covered with concealer. Most patients do not stay home from work when they get injections.
- Which laser treatment can get rid of broken blood vessels on my face? There are some tiny vessels near my eyes and some bigger ones on my cheeks. Are these removable with the same laser or do I need multiple appointments?What our experts say:The Vbeam® pulsed dye laser is excellent for treating broken capillaries and any other vascular lesions, whether they are tiny capillaries or larger ones. Usually several treatments are required, and I normally space them four to six weeks apart for my patients.
- I have random veins on my nose and other parts of my body. Are they spider veins and can they be removed?What our experts say:
They can be called spider veins. Normally that term is mostly used for the leg veins. On the face normally we do it with lasers, not injections. With the legs we use sclerotherapy.
- I got one Botox injection, how long should it last and will I need to get others to maintain the look?What our experts say:
On average Botox injections should last 3-1/2 to four months. Studies actually show that if for the first year they put Botox injections on a schedule and consistently do them every 3-1/2 to four months they're going to last a lot longer because they will get better longevity and that's what I suggest to my patients.