One of the most common concerns for a smile makeover is a crooked smile, which New York City cosmetic dentist Jason Kasarsky, DDS says can result from genetics, crowding and shifting, trauma to the teeth or bad habits like biting on pens and using your teeth as tools. But despite the cause, there are many solutions available to give you a straighter smile, which can enhance the shape of your face
What Necessitates Orthodontics:If your teeth suffer from any of the following, talk to your doctor about which orthodontic straightening solution is right for you.
- Overcrowding: This occurs when there is not enough room on your jaw for your teeth to fit normally.
- Wide spaces: Both traditional braces and Invisalign can correct spacing and gapping.
- Crossbite: If the upper and lower jaws are misaligned and don’t match up, you probably have a crossbite.
- Overbite: Usually caused by genetics, an overbite results in upper teeth that fall over the lower teeth.
- Underbite: This tends to occur when the bottom teeth stick out past the top teeth.
Find a Doctor
Find a NewBeauty "Top Beauty Doctor" Near you