You'll Never Guess Which Skin Care Product Is Amazon's Best-Seller Over the Past 10 Years
By Brittany Burhop Fallon, Beauty Director |
Raise your hand if you've gone down the rabbit hole on Amazon.com one too many times. I'm guessing it's most of us. And when it comes to beauty, you click on one cool product and then you see another one "people also bought" and the next thing you know, it's been two hours and your shopping cart has 10 things in it.
Not only is Amazon definitely a place to discover under-the-radar products you may never have stumbled upon elsewhere, but it's also become the go-to online destination for many women looking to restock their favorite everyday beauty essentials. And according to Cosmopolitan.com, one of those essentials in particular, Bio-Oil, was just named the number-one selling skin care product on the site for the past decade, and also the third best-selling product overall.
You May Also Like: These Are the 20 Best-Selling Beauty Products on Amazon
So what makes it so special? The list is actually pretty long, but here are five things we love:
1. It's recommended by dermatologists for treating everything from scars and stretch marks to dryness and uneven skin tone.
2. Its lightweight and doesn't leave a greasy residue on your skin. A major must!
3. You can also use it as a massage oil, bath oil and cuticle oil—you can even apply it to chapped lips.
4. It doesn't contain water, like many creams and lotions do, so it is able to better penetrate your skin's surface and work more effectively.
5. It now comes in a new mini size (0.85 oz.), which is perfect for traveling or keeping in your desk at work.