She had a big Grammy nod with the best country song of the year nomination and a much talked-about performance with John Mayer, but singer-songwriter-producer Maren Morris kept it real at tonight’s show, sharing on social media that, right after she took a Dolce & Gabbana–clad stroll on the red carpet, she went to go feed her son.
Also keeping it real was Morris’ hairstylist Marwa Bashir, who exclusively shared with us all the steps that went into the 30-year-old’s soft, subtle waves (spoiler alert, the finishing look involves some spray and a toothbrush):
1. Prep dry hair with Optical Illusion Smoothing Oil from BLEU by R+Co ($66).
2. Use GHD Soft Curl Iron ($199) to give the hair loose “S” waves to the front and surface of the hair; leave hair underneath straight to not create volume.
3. Spray Zig Zag Root Teasing + Texture Spray from R+Co ($32) throughout the mid-length and ends for matte texture.
4. Use Control Pomade from R+Co ($28) to define hairline waves and ends.
5. Finish the look by spraying Outer Space Flexible Hairspray from R+Co ($32) on a small edge brush (or a toothbrush) and brush down over part line to lay flat.
Find a Doctor
Find a NewBeauty "Top Beauty Doctor" Near you