Bloating in the stomach, be it short-lived or regular, can make your midsection not only look bad, but feel bad too. While bloating is one of the easier tummy woes to correct (as long as the cause is properly identified), keeping it at bay long-term usually requires a change in your diet and maybe the addition of a digestive supplement, like a probiotic. The good news is, just because your stomach feels bloated doesn’t necessarily mean that it will look bloated. Avoiding these foods and beverages could help fight bloat:
1. Cellulose-heavy foods like broccoli, cabbage and brussels sprouts are hard for the body to break down.
2. Carbonated waters and sodas contain bubbles that take up space in the stomach and/or allow gas to become trapped.
3. Beans cause bloating because of their high fiber and protein content.
4. Complex carbohydrates take a longer amount of time to digest, causing the tummy to look full.
5. Dairy products like milk and cheese are high in lactose, which is known to cause bloating.
6. Wheat and gluten cause excess gas to be released.
Try eating potassium-rich fruits to alleviate bloating caused by eating these foods.
Find a Doctor
Find a NewBeauty "Top Beauty Doctor" Near you