Who implants are for:
“People who suffer from mid-face hypoplasia, when the cheeks appear sunken because the bones of the cheek did not fully develop, are ideal candidates for cheek implants, along with others who want to accentuate their cheekbone area,” Pittsburgh plastic surgeon James Fernau, MD, says. “Chin implants are [also] best for people with weak chins, and it gives them a more chiseled look.”Also for:
- For those who complain of a square or wide face
- For those who complain that their nose is too large
- For those who desire a more defined chin
- For those who want to offset the signs of aging
Who are they not for?
- For those who complain their chin is too pointy or projecting too far outward.
- For those who want to downplay their chin rather than enhance it
- For those who have a dimpled chin