If you’re considering eye surgery, you’re not alone. The popular procedure is sought out by many and can produce phenomenal results. We’ve reached out to the experts to get you all of the information on what to expect and what not to expect with blepharoplasty.
• Results are more natural looking than ever. “When rejuvenating the eye area, expression in the bows and upper and lower lids should be maintained,” says New York oculoplastic surgeon Joseph A. Evitar, MD.
• Recovery is fairly easy. One of the more tolerable facial surgeries, blepharoplasty is said to not be too painful, and it takes one to two weeks to recover.
• The eyes heal well. The skin on the eyes heals quickly. “The scars blend in with the natural creases in the eyelids so they’re less conspicuous,” says La Jolla, CA, plastic surgeon Robert Singer, MD.
• You may need to have the procedure repeated in future years. Surgery doesn’t stop the eyes from aging-they just progress from a new starting point. Some patients opt for a secondary procedure to get additional refinement.
• You may not be happy with the results right away. Don’t be intimidated if you don’t love the results immediately. “You’ll likely be bruised and swollen, and they eyes can be itchy and dry,” says Dr. Singer. “I always forewarn patients about this-give it a good few weeks.”
Find a Doctor
Find a NewBeauty "Top Beauty Doctor" Near you