- Some medications may be covered by insurance.
- Some medications cause dryness of the lips and eyes, headaches, depression and increased sun sensitivity.
- Spironolactone may need to be taken indefinitely to reduce excess oil production, but low doses are considered safe.
- Oral antibiotics can cause yeast infections, and may decrease the effectiveness of birth control pills. Antibiotics can also cause sun sensitivity, so it’s important to wear sunscreen during treatment.
- It can take 12 to 16 weeks to start to notice a difference in your skin
Find a Doctor
Find a NewBeauty "Top Beauty Doctor" Near you