Q: Is there help for excess testosterone?

What our experts say:

There is an FDA approved medication called finasteride (brand name Propecia) that may help you but its use in women is not as well studied and considered off-label use. It may be worthwhile to seek out a physician who has access to the genetic hair loss test in order to see if you are truly sensitive to testosterone based hairloss. As with any test, it is not 100% predictive but can help narrow down the potential causes of your thinning as well as see if finasteride or any anti-androgenic medication like spironolactone may help.
C:\fakepath\SW NB42 Zeiring RGB

Dr. Craig Ziering

Hair Restoration Specialist

West Hollywood, California

Board Certified Plastic Surgeons that perform Hair-Loss Treatment in your area.

Dr. Henry Mentz

8.8 mi

Houston, TX

Plastic Surgeon

Drs. Jennifer Segal & Scott H. Smith

8.9 mi

Houston, TX