Q: Which fillers or injectables should be used in which part of the face and are they used in conjunction with a surgical facelift?

What our experts say:

I use Juvederm, Radiesse, Sculptra and fat. In general I'll use Radiesse in the upper cheek and mala region or you have a deep nasolabial fold, mainly because it tends to last longer and you can put right onto the bone so the patient can't feel it. You get a lot more bulk for your money as well as more longevity. I'll use Juvederm in the nasolabial fold and the lips because it's much softer material and is more kissable. Sculptra I'll put in patients who need a lot of generalized filling. So if a patient has an overall gaunt face, Sculptra is an excellent way to go and has tremendous longevity, it lasts for about two years. Fat I generally do if a patient needs a lot of general filling and or if they need a surgery. Probably about 50 percent of my patients receive a fat injection in addition to their facelift because there are certain things that a facelift can't do, whether it's a mini facelift or a full facelift.

C:\fakepath\SAT NB44 Chang V5

Dr. Phillip Chang

Plastic Surgeon

Leesburg, Virginia

Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeons that perform Injectables And Fillers in your area.

Drs. Jaimie DeRosa & Caroline A. Banks

1.7 mi

Boston, MA

Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Joseph Russo

5.6 mi

Newton Centre, MA

Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Min Ahn

25.2 mi

Westborough, MA

Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Christine Hamori

31.2 mi

Duxbury, MA

Plastic Surgeon