There were a lot of looks that we loved at this weekend’s 2011 Emmy Awards. But completely on trend, Olivia Munn’s 1920’s style hair-do was a perfect complement to her green Carolina Herrera dress.
Celebrity hairstylist, Mika Fowler is responsible for this dramatic ‘do, creating a strong side part and subtle wave. As sophisticated as it appears, it’s surprisingly simple to create and we found out how thanks to Mika’s step-by-step instructions.
1. Cover the hair with a light spray of Sebastian Reshape Spray. This is used on damp hair before a blow dry.
2. Blow dry hair
3. Roll hair in hot rollers. While any size will do, Mika recommends jumbo rollers.
4. Remove rollers and comb the hair very gently, using Joico’s Design Collection Spray wax, add a few sprays at distance to the area you choose to start the wave process for texture and a long-lasting look.
5. Pin each area you choose to create the curve/wave in the hair.
6. After perfecting that wave, finish this look with Wella’s Style Spray-Super Hold for short hair. (Olivia is a busy girl and needs to keep that glamorous look all night.)
Find a Doctor
Find a NewBeauty "Top Beauty Doctor" Near you