The jet-setting glamour of the 1960’s was the beauty inspiration for fashion designer Rachel Zoe’s Spring/Summer 2015 show. Lead Makeup Artist Katie Jane Hughes shows you how to recreate this look at home.
1. Skin was prepped with a moisturizer followed by foundation on the T-zone. Hughes dusted a small amount of pressed powder onto the T-zone. She applied butter LONDON WINK Cream Shadow in Treacle ($18) down the bridge of the nose, tops of the Cupid’s bow and top of the forehead for a healthy glow.
2. Hughes mixed a small amount of oil with a little bit of butter LONDON CHEEKY Cream Blush in Honey Pie ($20) and gently applied using the heels of the palm on cheekbones.
3. butter LONDON CHEEKY Cream Blush in Honey Pie ($20) were applied to the apples of the cheeks.
4. For the eyes she mixed butter LONDON WINK Cream Shadow in Treacle ($18) with concealer and applied it to the inner corners of the eyes for a glow. butter LONDON WINK Eye Pencil in Union Jack Black ($20) was used to create a wing on the outer edge of the eye for an elongated feline shape. She smudged the liner to create a softer flick, then built color back onto the outer edge of the wing only. She then used butter LONDON WINK Matte Liquid Eye Liner in Union Jack Black ($20) to define the entire flick.
5. Hughes curled lashes once at the root and again at the middle. Then butter LONDON WINK Mascara in Union Jack Black ($20) was applied to the outer edge of the top lashes. She tightlined the outer edge of the top lash line with butter LONDON WINK Eye Pencil in Union Jack Black ($18).
6. Brows were wiped clean and butter LONDON Mascara in Brown Sugar ($20) was applied through the brows without touching the skin to give the brows natural color and definition.
Find a Doctor
Find a NewBeauty "Top Beauty Doctor" Near you