We gave our readers a chance to win a NewBeauty TestTube every day in the month of May on our Facebook page. As part of the entry, we asked the participants to share their best beauty secrets with us, and now we’re sharing a few of them with you!
Puffy, hollow eyes make you look tired and can age you. Here’s how our readers soothe them:
– Barbara H. from Arcadia, MO, said that she places “a frozen bag of peas or corn on my eyes for two minutes to reduce swelling.”
– Carol B. from Haledon, NJ, said, “It’s important to always get your beauty rest! But if that’s not possible stick a metal spoon in the freezer and use it to get rid of dark circles.”
– To reduce puffiness, Verna C. from Saint Louis, MO, uses old tea bags and Colleen S. from East Dundee, IL, uses fresh cucumbers under her eyes to freshen them up.
We’re always on a quest to get thicker, longer lashes so it’s no surprise that some of our readers shared with us what works best for them:
– Autumn A. from Norman, IN, uses castor oil to thicken her eyelashes.
– Angela P. from Brooklyn, NY, told us that her beauty rule was to “always curl your lashes, even if you don’t put any make-up, for bigger lashes and a more polished look.”
– “A great way to curl your lashes is to heat your lash curler with a blow dryer for a few seconds before using them on your lashes,” said Tori M.
If you’re looking to wear bold lipstick anytime soon, the first place to start is to get you’re lips looking smooth and soft. Here’s how our readers keep their lips kissable:
– Veronica S. from Cortland, NY, uses an old toothbrush to exfoliate her lips before putting on any chapstick or lipstick.
– Jasmine T. Rancho Cordova, CA, exfoliates her lips every day with Vaseline and a wet towel to make her lip gloss or lipstick glide on easier.
– Diane M. from Richmond, OH, uses a scrub to exfoliate her lips that’s made of one teaspoon of brown sugar, one tablespoon of olive oil and one teaspoon of honey.
– Cassandra F. from Salt Lake City, UT, uses Crisco to get smooth lips and add a nice sheen to them.
Be sure to stay tuned for our next NewBeauty TestTube giveaway on Facebook, and subscribe to NewBeauty’s TestTube program by visiting our page here.
Find a Doctor
Find a NewBeauty "Top Beauty Doctor" Near you