As part of the NewBeauty TestTube giveaway on our Facebook page, readers were asked to share their beauty tips with us. Now, we’re sharing some of these wonderful beauty secrets with you!
Preventing sun damage is very important, during the summer. Here’s what readers had to say about sunscreen:
– Diane K. from New York City said, “Rain or shine, winter, spring, summer or fall, never leave the house without wearing sunscreen. You can get the worst sunburns on a cold, rainy, cloudy day.”
– Maraina B. in Locust Grove, OK, reminds us to “not only apply sunscreen to your face, but also your neck and hands. These areas tend to age faster!”
– Tracy T. in Gastonia, NC, said that she applies sunscreen 20 minutes before leaving the house every day.
For the love of oils! Readers shared the ways that they use their favorite oils to stay clean and moisturized:
– Cassandra F. from Salt Lake City, UT, uses olive oil to keep her lips and skin soft. “I Just massage into skin, let sit for a few minutes, gently rinse a little and pat dry, but leave on your lips!”
– “I use coconut and olive oil for everything,” said Rebecca L. in Chapel Hill, NC. “Body lotion, hair oil, makeup remover, you name it!”
– Caterina P. from Hudson, OH, uses olive oil or coconut oil to remove her eye makeup. “That way I get the benefit of moisturizing and cleaning. Olive oil can also be used to clean your face.”
We’ve probably all heard that beauty comes from the inside. These readers agree with their beauty secrets:
– Shannon I. in Marietta, GA, said her beauty tip is to “drink plenty of water!”
– “Prenatal vitamins!” Suzanna M. from Kalamazoo, MI, said, “they keep my hair and nails strong and healthy, and help my body feel great!”
– Vicki N. in Fredericksburg, VA, wrote that it’s important to “eat a diet rich in antioxidants.”
Find a Doctor
Find a NewBeauty "Top Beauty Doctor" Near you