Exercise is important-even the smallest amount, as we found out earlier this week. If you’re finding yourself motivated to hit the gym, make sure your sneakers fit well. It sounds like a no-brainer but keeping your feet comfy (and well supported) during a workout can help reduce the risk of injury. So if you’re in the market for a new pair of sneaks, keep these tips from the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons in mind:
• Shop for shoes when your feet are their largest-either at the end of the day or after a workout.
• Try on shoes with the same type of sock that you’ll wear when you exercise.
• Make sure you can easily wiggle your toes and that the shoes are comfortable when you try them on.
• Run or walk several steps in the shoes to make sure they’re comfortable.
• Properly lace shoes when you try them on.
• Make sure the shoes firmly grip your heels and don’t slip off when you’re walking or running.
• Choose a sports-specific shoe if you participate in a particular sport at least three times per week.
Find a Doctor
Find a NewBeauty "Top Beauty Doctor" Near you