Wrinkles may be a sign of approaching middle age but many of us Blackberry-obsessed girls have a reason to worry – the smart phone squint. Think about it: Peering at a small screen causes facial strain, around and between the brows, which may cause premature wrinkles on the face.
Here are some tips to save your face (and your insanity):
1. Take a break – It’s important to put down or at least glance up from your phone regularly so that your eyes can rest. Though squinting is necessary, taking time to relax your eyes can make a significant difference in reducing this new type of strain on your facial muscles.
2. Turn the light down low – Too much light and contrast can cause you to narrow the eyes to take in the brightness. A no-no for fresh-looking eye contours. Combat the dreaded ‘crow’s feet’ effect by dimming the screen in your ‘settings’ options-and see how low you can go on the light emission. The less, the better. (As a bonus, this will also help preserve your phone’s battery life!)
3. Enlarge the text – If you find yourself struggling to read the small text on your smart phone and start holding it so close you wrinkle your nose so much it hurts, just enlarge the text by simply going to your settings and altering the text size. Also, the zoom function can be a fantastic thing-use it to focus in on images on your device so you can see much more clearly and avoid pulling the inner eye.
4. Looking after your eyes – If you can bear it, spend less time glued to your iPhone or Blackberry. And during this timeout, take some deep breaths to relax the face into a more natural expression and gently massage the area around the eyes-a simple thing that can make a big difference to preventing those lines that start subtly but can get deeper and more pronounced. Not only will your face be serene looking, you will feel more serene- and in a much better state to deal with any inbox horrors.
5. Don’t forget to smile! If you are experiencing stress from being constantly attached to your smart phone, just think about the potentially negative effect this is having on your youthful appearance. Then, take time to do something that relieves the tension, like playing a fun app, like TomCat or Angry Birds; this will help relax your face, soften your expression and prevent long term frown lines.
Find a Doctor
Find a NewBeauty "Top Beauty Doctor" Near you