On Monday night the fashion world’s elite hit the red carpet to celebrate the annual Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute Gala Benefit. The theme for the event was “Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty” in honor of the new museum exhibition that goes on display today, highlighting the work of the late designer, who passed away last February.
Everyone was there, from Kristen Stewart to Madonna. But we couldn’t keep our eyes off of Gisele Bündchen who was looking as beautiful as ever. We just had to find out the scoop on her look.
John Frieda consultant Harry Josh styled Gisele Bündchen’s locks. While the tousled beach wave look has been a big hit on the red carpet lately, Josh chose a classic Old Hollywood-inspired style for Gisele. “I wanted to go for a sleek, sophisticated style for Gisele this year. The Met Ball is fashion’s biggest night and I thought this was the perfect look to complement the evening,” he said.
Josh used John Frieda’s Full Repair Perfect Ends Sheer Mist before blow-drying to protect Gisele’s strands from heat and seal the cuticles for perfect shiny waves.
Josh started by blow drying Gisele’s hair, curling each piece carefully and setting it to keep the shape. The curls were then brushed out to create a soft and sleek wave throughout. John Frieda Full Repair Touch-Up Flyaway Tamer was used which weightlessly smoothes flyaways for a polished red carpet look.
Makeup artist Rose-Marie Swift created Gisele’s red carpet makeup. “We wanted Gisele to look naturally sophisticated, making the look more modern and not falling into a retro direction. It made the whole look beautiful and fashion forward with out being heavily made up. A perfect Gisele look,” Rose-Marie said.
For the eyes Rose-Marie used:
– Shu Uemura Mascara
– Shu Uemura Eyeshadow in a soft blue/grey
For the face:
– Rose-Marie used her own line – RMS Beauty Un Cover-Up #33 as a light foundation
– Un Cover-Up also took the place of a traditional blush, Rose-Marie used it as a contour
– RMS Beauty Living Luminizer delivered a striking glow to the skin. Since Gisele loves for her skin to shine, Rose-Marie also added the luminizer on her collarbone and shoulders
For the lips:
– Rose-Marie used RMS Beauty Lip & Skin Balm in Simply Vanilla for a natural shine and nude, natural lip color.
– She also used Chanel’s #34 Lip Definer
Find a Doctor
Find a NewBeauty "Top Beauty Doctor" Near you