The promise of spring still looks like a far-fetched, lofty goal for those of us who are attempting to keep warm during these bitter winter months. To top it all off, our skin is suffering—complete with red cheeks and a complexion that looks more raw than rosy—with no seemingly end in sight. Celebrity aesthetician Dangene recommends these six quick tips to keep the red out:
1. Wash your face twice a day with your hands only. Do not use a washcloth! Pat dry, and immediately apply toner and moisturizer.
2. When you go to sleep, if your cheeks are at all pink, put a tiny drop (less than a small pea-size amount) of cortisone on your cheeks.
3. At home, wear warm clothes, and use your heater as little as possible.
4. If your apartment or house is dry, use a humidifier or boil a large pot of water on the stove all day, when you are home.
5. If it’s cold or windy outside, apply a small amount of cortisone, and wear your scarf to cover your cheeks.
6. Because you are less likely to be able to control your environment at work, take moisturizer and a can of water spray (like Evian water spray) to the office. Spray a small amount of water and apply moisturizer to your cheeks if your face feels dry.
Find a Doctor
Find a NewBeauty "Top Beauty Doctor" Near you