What to Look For in a Facial Plastic Surgeon
By NewBeauty Editors |
Doctors who have completed one year of general surgery and training in otolaryngology (ear, nose, and throat) qualify as facial plastic surgeons. They should also be members of the appropriate boards and societies, such as American Board of Otolaryngology (ABOto), American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ABFPRS) and The American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS).
What They Treat:
The face, head and neck
Facelift, eyelid surgery, neck lift, skin resurfacing, injectable, energy/light-based therapies, nose surgery, ear surgery, facial implants, skin cancer reconstruction.
You May Also Like: 3 Go-To Fixes For Crow's Feet
What To Ask Your Facial Plastic Surgeon:
- How many procedures, like mine, have you performed? Can you show me before-and-after photos?
- Is there anything that you recommend I do before the procedure to ensure better results or a quicker recovery?
- What are the risks that are associated with this procedure? What about alternative treatments?
- What is the recovery like? When will I begin to see results?
- When can I begin wearing makeup again and using skin-care products? How can I maintain my results?