New Year... New You?
By NewBeauty Staff |
When a new year begins, it's not unusual to pledge significant self-improvement. However, the decision to undergo cosmetic surgery cannot be made as casually as a resolution to eat healthier or stop biting your nails.
Is 2011 the year you'll be ready for cosmetic enhancement? Before you embark on your quest for a qualified doctor, you must be sure you want your potential procedure for the right reasons.
Test your motivations and how you rate as a candidate by making sure each of the following statements are true for you.
1. I am choosing to enhance my appearance because I want to. Others support me, but no one is influencing, pressuring or forcing me.
2. I am realistic about what I want to achieve. I'm not looking for radical results, and I don't want or expect to change who I am.
3. I understand that cosmetic enhancement can improve my appearance, but it cannot change my life.
4. I accept that the results of my treatment may be permanent, and I will have to live with them for the rest of my life.
5. I know that surgery comes with potential risks and that no result is guaranteed.
6. My physical health and emotional health are stable. I am not being treated for any chronic health disorders or serious mental health conditions.
7. I can afford all surgery costs, including non-monetary costs such as recovery time.
If you don't agree with one or more of these statements, you may want to postpone any procedures until you are ready in every way.
Have you made the decision to undergo cosmetic surgery this year? Share your plans, and how you came to your decision, by leaving a comment below.