Whether you’re about to get breast implants or you’ve scheduled your first chemical peel, it’s not unusual to have a little anxiety. While it’s healthy and wise to carefully think through your decision before any procedure, the time to think twice is when anxiety turns to serious worrying.
Ask yourself the following questions before you follow through:
• Have I researched this doctor carefully, and do I know he or she is qualified?
• Do I feel safe and comfortable in this doctor’s presence, in his or her office, and with his or her staff? Do I trust them with my appearance and my life?
• Is the surgical facility fully accredited?
• Have we thoroughly discussed everything I will undergo and what my potential experience and risks are during and following the procedure, including anesthesia?
• Have I seen before and after photos of the doctor’s patients with cases similar to mine?
• Have I been presented with careful explanations and instructions, and signed off on informed-consent documents that clearly define what has been explained to me?
If reevaluating your decision still leaves you worried, speak to your doctor-and don’t wait until the day of your procedure. Experienced doctors would rather you reschedule than risk your unhappines, so be open with him or her about your specific concerns.
Most importantly, if it just doesn’t feel right, don’t do it. You’re the one who has to live with the results.
Find a Doctor
Find a NewBeauty "Top Beauty Doctor" Near you