As expected, all of the celebrities at the 68th Annual Golden Globes looked absolutely stunning. From the hair to the makeup, we found out exactly how to recreate some of our favorite looks of the night. Check out our full series of how-tos to get the look yourself.
If there was one makeup look that we particularly loved, it was Cate Blanchett’s soft and feminine look created by makeup artist Jeanine Lobell. “We didn’t want to do the expected red lip to go with her gorgeous Armani black gown,” says Lobell. “So we went the softer route. No harsh lines. Instead, I blended colors for dimension.” Copy her lip color by mixing Giorgio Armani Rouge Ecstasy Lipstick ($34) in #502 Scarlatto (a raspberry rose) and #509 Boudoir (a nude rose).
Everything about the 12 Years a Slave actress’ look was flawless—from the dress to the makeup. Celebrity makeup artist Nick Barose drew inspiration from Eqyptian queens Nefertiti and Cleopatra to create her regal look.
1. Since good makeup starts with good skin, Barose prepped her skin with CHANEL Sublimage La Crème Ultimate Skin Regeneration Texture Fine Moisturizer ($390). Let it soak into the skin and blot off just before starting the makeup.
2. Apply a sheer foundation and then highlight! “On darker skin, you don’t contour, but you do the opposite—highlight—so I used CHANEL Blush Duo Tweed Effect Brun Rosé ($45) on the tops of her cheekbones so that they’d catch the light.”
3. Barose wanted her eyebrows to make a statement, so he made them thick and extra defined.
4. For the eyes, wash the lids with a gold shade like CHANEL Ombre Essentielle Soft Touch Eyeshadow in Complice and layer CHANEL Illusion D’Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow in Vision on top.
5. Use a liquid liner on the top eyelid to create an Egyptian-inspired winged line that doesn’t go out too far and then use a navy blue eye pencil on the lower lash line.
6. Finish the eyes with a coat of waterproof mascara like CHANEL Inimitable Waterproof Mascara in Noir. Focus on the lashes on the outer corner of the eye to create a more cat-like look.
7. Last is the lips. Start with lining the lips and then apply CHANEL Rouge Allure Luminous Intense Lip Colour in Pirate with an angled lip brush. “As a finishing touch, I put a little bit of the gold, CHANEL Illusion D’Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow in Vision right in the center of the lips,” says Barose.
Find a Doctor
Find a NewBeauty "Top Beauty Doctor" Near you