Wouldn’t it be nice if there were no repercussions for eating meals high in fat? But alas, macaroni and cheese does have repercussions and we all know it. However, some foods high in fat won’t actually make you fat. While certain types of fats can lead to weight gain, others, like omega-3 and -6 fatty acids found in avocado, nuts, olives and seeds, can actually prevent you from becoming fat and gaining extra pounds. Stock up on foods like these that fight fat:
• Peanut butter: Chock-full of healthy fat, peanut butter can curb sweet cravings and its thick consistency makes it satisfying.
• Low-fat dairy: Fat sourced from dairy may not necessarily burn additional fat, but it may prevent he formation of fat in the first place since fewer calories are consumed and then absorbed by the body.
• Fiber-rich foods: Fiber helps to control cravings and keep you feeling fuller for longer periods of time.
• Egg whites: Unlike egg yolks, egg whites are loaded with protein to jump-start your metabolism.
• Raw nuts: Walnuts, almonds and pecans, as well as pumpkin and sunflower seeds are loaded with essential acids. But make sure you watch portion sizes, as nuts are energy dense.
• Cottage cheese: Available in low-fat varieties, cottage cheese contains whey protein, which helps keep you fuller for longer periods of time.
Find a Doctor
Find a NewBeauty "Top Beauty Doctor" Near you