For the Lisa Folawiyo Spring/Summer 2015 show, celebrity stylist Mann Nance took inspiration from the African textures and modern silhouettes for the hair look. Here’s how you can recreate this contemporary twist on side swept hair at home:
1. Nance first applied RICH Pure Luxury Intensive Volume Spray ($15) throughout the hair and blow-dried it for a sleek smooth look.
2. Next, he made a deep diagonal side part from the top of the hairline behind the ear and to the nape of the neck to serve as a panel for the braid.
3. After spritzing RICH Pure Luxury Rejuvenating Argan Oil Elixir ($19) on hair parted, Nance made the braid. He used a generous amount of RICH Argan Oil Elixir because he wanted the braided hair to look shiny.
4.To further control any flyaways he lightly sprayed RICH Pure Luxury Argan De-Frizz & Shine Mist ($20) on the braid.
5. Nance then tucked the braid underneath the hair at the nape and pinned it.
6. For added volume, he clipped in HairArt Remi Clip-In Extensions ($35-$50), mixing solid and ombre colors. He then sprayed RICH Pure Luxury Sure Hold Hairspray ($17) on one-inch sections, flat ironing the hair pin straight with a HairArt iTech Ti Infrared 450 Flat Iron ($165).
7. RICH Pure Luxury Argan De-Frizz & Shine Mist ($20) was used on hair on top of the head to add additional shimmer and complete the effect.
Find a Doctor
Find a NewBeauty "Top Beauty Doctor" Near you