Are you looking for a new and edgy way to wear braids this Fall? Then the braided pompadour that graced the Marissa Webb Spring/Summer 2015 show is a look worth trying! TRESemmé stylist Jeanie Syfu breaks down how to re-create this hair style at home:
1. Syfu applied TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Foaming Mousse ($5) on damp hair and rough‐dry ends for volume and texture. She finished blow‐drying the hair with a round brush to create fullness through the crown and hairline.
2. Using the end of the comb, she sectioned off the center portion of the hair three‐fourths of the way down and clipped it up.
3. Syfu created a Dutch braid (in‐side‐out or reverse French braid) on both sides of the head using the loose hair, beginning at the temple and working her way to the nape of the neck. She braided the remaining lengths, leaving the ends out, and fastening with a clear elastic.
4. She misted the top section of hair with TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray ($6) and lightly brushed along the part.
5. Syfu began the French braid, leaving additional volume at the front and base. She gathered hair along the part, working 90 degrees from the head, and finished braiding the lengths of the hair leaving ends out. She then fastened them with a clear elastic.
6. She took all three braids and twisted them into a low bun, leaving the ends loose.
7. Syfu brushed the completed French braid upward creating a windblown effect and spraying with TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray.
Find a Doctor
Find a NewBeauty "Top Beauty Doctor" Near you