Looking to a “modern-day” Rita Hayworth as inspiration, hairstylist Creighton Bowman describes Connie as a classic, timeless, sexy beauty. “Her hair should be the same. She has some of the best hair in the biz—I wish I could take credit for it, but it’s thick, naturally curly/wavy, long, and will hold a style all day long!”
Photo Credit: John Russo
Here’s how Bowman created her classic hairstyle for the cover shoot:
1. On towel-dried hair, he applied a small amount of mousse to her hairline and worked his way back through the top.
2. Next, he applied John Frieda 3-Day Straight Spray to Britton’s hair in layers. He suggests lightly spraying the roots at the crown for additional lift if needed.
3. Next, he did a round brush blowout with a medium-size brush.
4. With a deep side-part, he bumped any pieces with a large curling iron to create a more classic set.
5. He sprayed a little dry shampoo and then styled with his fingers to keep it modern and a bit loose.
Products used during the shoot:
John Frieda Frizz-Ease 3-Day Straight Flat Iron Spray, $10
Rene Furterer Volumea Volumizing Foam, $24
Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray, $27
Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk, $20
L’Oréal Elnett Satin Extra Strong Hold Hair Spray, $15
Can’t get enough of Connie’s beauty look? Click here to see how to recreate her makeup from the shoot.
Find a Doctor
Find a NewBeauty "Top Beauty Doctor" Near you