Kapalbhati is a breathing technique stemming from ashtanga and hatha yoga that aids in digestion and tones the abdominal muscles, all the while releasing stress and negative energy.
Try the following kapalbhati techniques in the morning on an empty stomach:
- Sit in a comfortable cross-legged position, keeping your spine erect. (These techniques can also be performed in standing yoga poses.)
- Take three deep breaths in and out through your nose without making any sounds.
- Then, take short breaths and inhale with minimum effort and without sound.
- Exhale forcefully through the nose while you simultaneously contract the stomach muscles.
- Relax the stomach muscles and simultaneously inhale quietly.
Repeat this 60 times to complete one round of kapalbhati. Three rounds are recommended.
Find a Doctor
Find a NewBeauty "Top Beauty Doctor" Near you