Welcome Josie Maran, NewBeauty.com's September Guest Editor!
By Carolyn Hsu |
To the legions that swear by her argan oil beauty products, Josie Maran needs no introduction. But if you haven't been lucky enough to try her eponymous beauty line, let us introduce you to one of the most esteemed tastemakers in the industry. Former model and actress turned skincare activist and wellness expert, Josie Maran is changing the game in the natural and eco-friendly beauty world, one cult-favorite product at a time. We're so excited she's NewBeauty.com's September guest editor, where she'll be imparting some of her wisdom (and secrets!) throughout the month to our readers. First, six things you never knew about her.
2. When it comes to beauty, people don’t realize…Less is more! Your skin will thank you!
3. The last thing I Googled was: Bondi Beach! I am in Sydney right now spreading the argan oil love to Mecca Cosmetics and the Australian press. I have always dreamed of playing on Bondi Beach, so I have been googling all of the bohemian hot spots around there.
4. My favorite modeling memory is…Landing a 10-year contract as the face of Maybelline New York. It changed my life and was something that I had dreamed of since I was 12 years old.
5. Biggest beauty splurge: The Ayurvedic Bliss massage at Surya Spa. It puts me in a state of profound relaxation that I crave every few months.
6. What's in my handbag right now: My travel size Argan Oil ($16), my Shu Uemura Eye Lash Curler ($20), The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron, my travel size Argan Color Stick in Spice ($22), and some very top-secret beauty products I am testing for future launches.