8 Things to Do After You Spa
By Liz Ritter, Executive Editor |
Post-treatment bliss is a wonderful state to be in when you visit a spa. Relaxation is heightened, your body feels a little lighter and your mind is clear. But, as soon as you step foot outside the spa, reality—and the everyday stresses that go along with it—can creep up rather quickly. Josie Feria, director of spa operations at Fontainebleau’s Lapis Spa in Miami, shares her eight must-do tips for hanging on to that after-spa solace a little bit longer. As soon as you finish your spa service, retreat to a quiet area and continue relaxing so you may reap the full benefits of your experience.
1. As soon as you finish your spa service, retreat to a quiet area and continue relaxing so you may reap the full benefits of your experience.
2. Make sure to take advantage of the spa facilities by going into the sauna or steam room directly after your treatment to help detoxification and continue relaxation.
3. Don’t rush right back into your frantic lifestyle by immediately grabbing for your phone.
4. Meditate by continuously and silently repeating the same positive reaffirmation or mantra until you shut down all other distracting thoughts.
5. Place an icy towel on your forehead and eyes and dream of a faraway shoreline or green and lush mountaintop through visualization. Make a promise to yourself that soon you’ll make this visualization a reality by taking a long, overdue vacation.
6. Don’t rush to the shower—the products applied during treatments will continue to reap benefits to you for hours after the service, so don’t wash all that fabulous cream or oil off.
7. Enjoy some light refreshments and don’t load up on alcohol or hard-to-digest foods. Give your body a rest.
8. Promise yourself that you won’t be a stranger to wellness and commit to taking better care of yourself from this day forward.