Fall Hair How-to: The Five Strand Braid
By Margaret McGriff |
From sleek fishtails to windswept plaits, the side braid is one of the hottest hair trends of the season. TRESemmé Stylist Jeanie Syfu shows us how to take this hairstyle to the next level with the five strand braid.
1. Syfu prepped damp hair with TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Foaming Mousse ($5) and rough-dried the lengths with fingers for texture and lift. She finished blow drying hair with a round brush at the hairline for a soft, airy perimeter of wisps.
2. Once hair was dry, Syfu created a deep side part on the right side of the head, then back, brushing the hair for extra volume while spraying it lightly with TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray.
3. Syfu divided hair into five equal strands at the nape of the neck and begin weaving the farthest right section over and under each part, working her way to the left.
4. Syfu repeated this step in the opposite direction, taking the furthest left section of hair and weaving it over and under each part, working her way to the right.
5. She did steps four and five until the braid was complete, leaving the ends loose and fastening with a clear elastic.
6. Syfu loosened the braid by gently pulling it apart and leaving airy wisps to frame the face. She misted the finished look with TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray ($6).