Best 2014 Oscar Looks: Cate Blanchett
By Anna K. Fryxell |
All of the red carpets leading up to the Academy Awards are basically the warm-ups to the most anticipated red carpet of the year. While we can’t wait to see what designer gowns the stars wear, we also take special notice of their hair and makeup looks. Click through our collection of looks to see some of our favorites and how you can copy them.
We’ve decided that it’s physically impossible for newly minted Best Actress in a Leading Role winner, Cate Blanchett, to look anything other than perfect on the red carpet. Celebrity hairstylist Robert Vetica was the mastermind behind her latest red carpet hairstyle. Try the look for yourself with these tips:
1. First, apply a golf ball-size amount of Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Boost & Lift Foaming Air Mousse ($9) throughout the hair.
2. Create a low side part and then blow-dry the hair using a boar bristle round brush starting with the bangs. Once you have created the desired shape, clip the bangs in place while they cool and then blow-dry the rest of the hair. Be sure to roll hair away from the face to create bounce.
3. Once the hair is dry, take 2-inch sections, spray with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Heat Protect & Shine Spray ($8) and curl with a 3-inch curling iron. Continue until all the hair is curled.
4. Once the hair has cooled, brush the curls out to soften the look. While brushing the hair out, backcomb the sides and the ends to ensure flexibility.
5. Finally, use a pin to secure the hair close to the sides of the head and spray Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Flexible Hold Hairspray ($5) to hold the look.