Try This Sleek and Sexy Ponytail
By Marissa Hicken |
The once childish ponytail has been making a comeback on the red carpet. Sleeker and sexier, many of Holywood’s hottest celebrities are pulling off the perfect nighttime pony. The sophisticated look is simple to create so if you’re strapped for time (or cash) for your next formal event, you might want to give it a try. Harry Josh, John Frieda international creative consultant told us exactly how to recreate a sleek high pony just like Gwyneth's:
1. Apply a light styling crème to the roots of damp hair.
2. Blow dry hair and follow with a flat iron to straighten.
3. Brush hair back into a high pony.
4. Secure hair with an elastic.
5. To disguise the elastic, either tie a pretty ribbon around the pony or pull a piece of hair out of the pony, wrap it around the elastic and secure it underneath the pony with a bobby pin.
6. Spritz with hairspray to finish. John likes Frizz-Ease Moisture Barrier Firm-Hold Hair Spray ($6).