The Top Five Questions To Ask Your Dermatologist
By NewBeauty Editors |
Dermatologists are more than just the pros to go to for immediate problems. They may become your most-trusted ally for great looking skin, for life. The skin you were born with was smooth, soft flawless and firm—and odds are the skin you have today is nowhere close in comparison. Time, heredity, hormones, sun, stress and all of life’s little vices take their toll on the body’s single largest organ: the skin. Skin should be healthy and clear from head to toe no matter what your age. This requires cultivating a relationship with your dermatologist and making sure you ask the proper questions.
Here are our top five most important questions to ask your dermatologist:
1. Do you offer cosmetic treatments to help my skin look better, as well as diagnose and treat skin disorders?
2. Will you use a Wood’s Lamp or UV-detect photography to evaluate damage below the skin surface?
3. What do you recommend to best achieve and maintain my skin-care goal. Are there alternatives to consider?
4. How many people have you treated with similar conditions, and may I see photographs of the before-and-after results?
5. Are you a board-certified dermatologist and member of the ASDS or AAD? What are the credentials of any other staff members who might treat me? Is your facility state-licensed or accredited?