Oil That's Honestly Good For You
The word oil gets a bad rap. We all worry about mineral oil in our skincare products and oil spills in our waters, but some oil is truly advantageous. And olive oil is the healthiest of all.
Just look at some of the ways it's good for you:
1. Olive oil reduces your risk for skin cancer. It contains polyphenols, highly potent plant antioxidants that protect against cell mutations.
2. Olive oil keeps your heart healthy by keeping your good cholesterol levels up and lowering your bad cholesterol levels. It also reduces inflammation in the body.
3. Olive oil keeps your blood pressure down with those potent polyphenols, which dilate the arteries.
4. Olive oil can help you lose weight. Yes, it's hard to believe that oil can take off pounds instead of putting them on. All oils have the same amount of calories, give or take, but olive oil is very flavorful, making you less likely to add on extra sauces and dressings.
5. Olive oil eases headaches, thanks to oleocanthal, a natural compound that blocks pain and inflammation, similar to how ibuprofen works.
6. Olive oil has a natural ability to moisturize and nourish dry skin and hair.
What's your favorite way to incorporate olive oil into your diet or beauty routine? Let us know by leaving a comment below.