Limit The Risk Of A Bad Cosmetic Procedure
By NewBeauty Staff |
In the upcoming spring-summer 2012 issue of NewBeauty magazine, on newsstands March 27th, we investigate celebrity plastic surgery and extreme anti-aging procedures to find out what causes the fake-looking faces we've come to know so well on the red carpet. Plastic surgery, when done correctly, can do wonders to fight the signs of aging, but when done incorrectly, can leave you with a tight face, puffy cheeks and lips, and waxy skin. A similar look that we see here on Priscilla Presley.
To reduce your chances of negative effects, first and foremost, make sure to find a reputable, well-trained and educated board-certified plastic or facial plastic surgeon. Here are a few things to look for:
• Make sure your doctor is up-to-date on board certifications. Anyone can say they are certified, which is why you need to do some investigating yourself and verify these statements.
• Seek out only board-certified plastic and facial plastic surgeons. “Many of these so-called injectors aren't board-certified plastic surgeons, let alone doctors,” says New York plastic surgeon Sherrell J. Aston, MD. “You need to make sure you are seeking treatment with someone that has good judgment, accredited training and experience using fillers and fat.”
• Steer clear of medi-spas and skin centers. “Frequently the individuals performing procedures in these facilities are unqualified and don't understand facial anatomy or aesthetics,” says San Antonio Plastic Surgeon Jorge Menendez, MD.
• Don't shop around for the best price. A bargain does not equate to the greatest choice. It can actually cost you more in the long run if corrective procedures are necessary.
• Listen to your doctor. A good plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon will give you his or her honest opinion if you're advancing down the unnatural-looking road.
• Don't try and do too much at once. It's better to have more subtle procedures done than a drastic overhaul in one session.
Celebrities Stay Open to Cosmetic Procedures
How Much Does It Cost For A Celebrity Body?