Pedicure Leaves Woman With Severe Burns—Could It Happen to You?

Photo Credits: Shutterstock | Model Used for Illustrative Purpose Only

A Kansas City woman claims she spent almost two months recovering from "the most painful thing she's ever been through" after doing something that's typically associated with relaxation: getting a pedicure.

As reported on by local station Fox 4, Cindy Dillon had her calluses removed with a special gel at the salon; the nail tech accidentally dripped some of the solution on top of Dillon's foot, which was then wrapped in hot towels and plastic. 

You May Also Like: The Japanese Gadget That Promises to Fix Painful Ingrown Toenails in 30 Minutes

"I bent over and saw a terrible, terrible burn on my foot," Dillon says, who was diagnosed by a doctor the next day with second- or third-degree burns. 

The salon is denying they did anything wrong, but it had been cited on its last two inspections for not following proper sanitation procedures. Kansas City dermatologist Daniel Aires, MD, tells Fox 4 that this type of accident happens more often than people think. “I've seen oozing pus. I've seen bright red painful fingers. I've seen people who have had to lose part of a finger."

When it comes to nail services, it's better to be safe than sorry. Here are a few tips to help make sure something like this doesn't happen to you.

0 Comments

From around the web

THANK YOU FOR SUBSCRIBING TO THE

NEWSLETTERS