Think about it, your eyes are the focal point of your face. And nothing says youth and beauty like having big, gorgeous doe eyes. Even if you were born with small, almond-shaped eyes, you can use makeup to make them look bigger. With the right tips and tricks, your eyes can open up and take center stage. Here’s how:
What you need:
A good blending eye shadow brush, an eye shadow palette with colors that all blend well together like Maybelline New York Eye Studio Color Explosion ($11), and some false eyelashes if you’re feeling flashy.
1) Use a darker shade along the crease of the eyes (after applying your base shade, which should be a neutral color) and gently blend in.
2) “Use that same dark color and swipe it along the lower lash line, just beneath the eyes to define the shape and make them pop,” says celebrity makeup artist Mario Dedivanovic.
3) For added definition, line the top and bottom of the eyes with either pencil or liquid liner.
4) Do the inner corners of the eyes with highlighter to brighten them.
5) Apply mascara or false individual lashes.
An Anti-Aging Application
Photo: Scott Barnes
Find a Doctor
Find a NewBeauty "Top Beauty Doctor" Near you