All of the red carpets leading up to the Academy Awards are basically the warm-ups to the most anticipated red carpet of the year. While we can’t wait to see what designer gowns the stars wear, we also take special notice of their hair and makeup looks. Click through our collection of looks to see some of our favorites and how you can copy them.
Pregnant Olivia Wilde and her fiancé, Jason Sudeikis, were so cute together on the red carpet, that we nearly forgot how beautiful her hair and makeup were, nearly. Get her gorgeous Brigitte Bardot inspired hairstyle with these tips from New York Cutler/Redken stying and grooming expert Jenny Balding.
1. Blowdry the hair with a round brush to create body and volume.
2. Separate the hair into two sections. Take the crown and front section and pin to one side then leave the underneath section out.
3. Sweep the underneath section into a chignon that hugs the curve of the head.
4. Take the top section and back brush under the crown area, twist lightly and secure into the chignon.
5. Finish by gently loosening some shorter pieces to frame the face and mist with a light hairspray.