All of the red carpets leading up to the Academy Awards are basically the warm-ups to the most anticipated red carpet of the year. While we can’t wait to see what designer gowns the stars wear, we also take special notice of their hair and makeup looks. Click through our collection of looks to see some of our favorites and how you can copy them.
There’s no doubt in our minds that last night was Lupita’s night. Besides taking home the Oscar for Best Actress in a Supporting Role, Lupita was the talk of the red carpet with her pale blue custom Prada Gown and glowing skin. Celebrity makeup artist Nick Barose went for a “modern day Liz Taylor on vacation” look. Here’s how he did it:
1. Dust the face with CHANEL Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Colour in No. 70 ($58) specifically on the forehead, under the eyes, bridge of the nose and chin to brighten up the complextion.
2. Next, use a peach-colored blush like Le Blush Crème de CHANEL in Chamade ($38) and apply it in circular motions with a beauty sponge.
3. Line the eyes with Ligne Graphique de CHANEL in Noir ($34) and use CHANEL Stylo Yeux Waterproof Long-Lasting Eyeliner in Or Rose ($32) on the lower lid to brighten up the eyes.
4. Sweep the gray color from the CHANEL Ombres Tracées Quadra Eyeshadow in Jardin Zen ($65) on the center of the lid. Blend in the black shade to at the edge of the eyes to add dimension and create a subtle wing.
5. Next, use the peachy tone on the brow bone and the lower lashes to create an illuminating, highlighter effect.
6. Last, use a peachy color for the lips like CHANEL Rouge Allure Luminous Intense Lip Colour in Mélodieuse ($35).
Find a Doctor
Find a NewBeauty "Top Beauty Doctor" Near you