All of the red carpets leading up to the Academy Awards are basically the warm-ups to the most anticipated red carpet of the year. While we can’t wait to see what designer gowns the stars wear, we also take special notice of their hair and makeup looks. Click through our collection of looks to see some of our favorites and how you can copy them.
She may not have taken home the Oscar, but Best Actress in a Leading Role nominee Amy Adams definitely dazzled on the red carpet. Celebrity makeup artist Stephen Sollitto was inspired by her sapphire blue Gucci gown to create her makeup look. Here’s how you can copy it:
1. For the face, apply Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide* with a wet sponge or your fingers. “It’s long wear, oil free and lightweight. In the end it gives you a matte finish so you don’t have to dust your face with loose powder, it’s built in,” says Sollitto.
2. For the eyes, apply Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Terracotta ($24) to the eyelids and contrast this color with Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Black Karat ($24) under the lower lashes.
3. Next, dot Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Sugar Frost ($26) to the inner corners of the eyes and apply Nars Eye Paint Liner in Tatar ($25) along the upper lash line to make them “pop.”
4. Finish the eyes with a couple coats of Dior Black Out Mascara ($25).
5. Next, apply the Tom Ford Beauty Cheek Color in Ravish ($56) to the apples of the cheeks.
6. Finally, apply Laura Mercier Rouge Nouveau Weightless Lip Colour in Cozy ($25) () to the lips and top with Tom Ford Beauty Ultra Shine Lip Gloss in Rose Crush ($45).
*Coming Fall 2014.
Find a Doctor
Find a NewBeauty "Top Beauty Doctor" Near you