The stars were out in all of their stylish glory for the 2014 Emmy Awards. While many viewers were in awe of the beautiful gowns on the red carpet, we were stunned and inspired by the hair and makeup. Here’s a collection of our favorite looks and how you can pull them off at home.
Kaley Cuoco graced the red carpet with a simple yet beautiful hair and makeup to compliment her stunning red dress. Global Celebrity Makeup Artist Jamie Greenberg created a soft and fresh look that can work off the red carpet. Here’s how you can get Kaley’s look:
1. Greenberg started by applying foundation to Kaley’s face as a base. She then added mark. Touch & Glow All Over Shimmer Cubes ($16) on Kaley’s cheeks.
2. Next, Greenberg used mark. All Time Eye Hook Up Eye Shadow in Thunder Cloud ($10) on Kaley’s eyes. After, she layered on the pink shade from the mark. Touch & Glow All Over Shimmer Cubes and the pink shade from the Avon True Color Eye Shadow Quad in Purple Pop ($6).
3. Greenberg filled in the lash line with mark. No Place to Run Eye Liner in Jet Set ($10). To finish Kaley’s eyes, Jamie used a layer of Avon Big & Daring Volume Mascara in Blackest Black ($7), added single Ardell Lashes for drama and then added another coat of Avon Big & Daring Volume Mascara. To define the brows, Greenberg used the Anastasia Brow Palette ($88).
Alexandra Daddario exuded Hollywood glamour on the Emmy red carpet. We loved the star worthy lashes and a bold red lip created by Makeup Artist Lottie. Here’s how you can get Alexandra’s look:
1. Lottie prepped her skin with Caudalie Beauty Elixir ($49) and Moisture Sorbet ($39). For her foundation, Lottie used Hourglass Immaculate Foundation ($55) and Chanel Les Beiges Multi-Colour Powder ($65). She also used Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow ($49) to contour and Tom Ford Pink Frenzy Powder Blush ($57) on the cheeks.
Claire Danes took a modern approach to the chignon with a low side part with a pinned up braid in the back. Celebrity hairstylist Peter Butler created her hair look with Greyl products. Here’s how to get Claire’s look at home:
1. Butler started on damp hair and ran the Leonor Greyl Mousse au Lotus Volumatrice ($46) throughout. He then dried it up and away from her face using a large, round brush. To give more volume and direction to the roots, he went back in with the Voluforme ($36) and sprayed it around the face and hairline while blowing it out.
2. Next, he pulled her hair into a low ponytail and created a fishtail braid sprayed with a generous amount of Leonor Greyl Laque Souple ($36) to give it texture while still keeping it structured.
3. Finally, Butler pinned the fishtail braid into a low chignon.
Orange is the New Black star Taylor Schilling glimmered at the Emmy Awards with a relaxed updo and radiant makeup. We loved her dark sultry eyes and glowing cheeks. Makeup artist Tina Turnbow turned to her dress for inspiration. Get Taylor’s look at home:
1. Turnbow first prepped the skin with Colbert M.D. Illumino Face Oil ($138) and then used her fingers to apply Laura Mercier Foundation Primer – Radiance, ($33) all over Taylor’s face. She then applied Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Sunscreen in Nude ($43).
2. To illuminate the cheeks, she first applied Laura Mercier Bonne Mine Stick Face Colour in Pink Glow ($32) to the apples of the cheek. Next, she blended Laura Mercier Metallic Crème Eye Colour in Platinum ($24) on the back of her hand and dabbed in a bit of Laura Mercier Foundation Primer – Radiance ($33). Turnbow applied this combination to the top of Taylor’s cheeks, the bridge of her nose, her cupids bow and her brow bone to give the skin a luminous look.
3. She lined the inner rim of the top lash line with Laura Mercier Kohl Eye Pencil in Brown Copper ($24), smudging the color out slightly.
4. Next, she applied Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Cocoa ($28) with a fluffy brush. She swept the shade out from the crease and applied a little to the outer corner of Schilling’s eyes to elongate and provide depth.
5. To highlight the eyes, she applied Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Color in Moonlight ($28) in the inner corners and on the center of the lid, providing a bit of sparkle to the look.
6. She lightly applied Laura Mercier Faux Lash Mascara in Black, ($25) to the top and bottom lashes, providing just enough color to define the lashes.
7. Turnbow filled in the eyebrows with Laura Mercier Eye Brow Pencil in Soft Brunette ($22). She then rolled a spoolie into the Laura Mercier Brow Definer in Warm ($20) and brushed the color onto the eyebrows, which gave Schilling’s eyebrows extra thickness.
8. To prepare the lips, Turnbow first applied RéVive Intensité Volumizing Lip Serum ($115), which helped to plump the lip area.Using her finger tips, she applied Laura Mercier Rouge Nouveau Weightless Lip Colour in Sin ($25) onto the lips, keeping it very sheer.
Lizzy Caplan went for a smoky and elegant look for the Emmy’s Red Carpet. Makeup artist Sabrina Bedrani gave her sultry eye look with a bold cat eye reminiscent of the swinging 60’s. Here’s how you can get Lizzy’s look:
1. Bedrani prepped her skin with DiorOne Essential Super Skin Detoxifying Serum ($100). To bring out her complexion, she used Diorskin Star Foundation ($50) in Light Beige #020 and Diorskin Star Concealer ($36) in #002. For her cheeks, she used DiorBlush Vibrant Color Powder Blush ($42) in Lady Red #566.
2. For her eyes she used Dior’s 5 Couleurs Eyeshadow Palette ($60) in Cuir Cannage #796 and Diorshow Fusion Mono Eyeshadow ($31) in Hypnotique #881. She finished off with Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara ($29)in Over Black #090.
3. Bedrani used Rouge Dior Lipstick ($35) in in Tromp d’Oeil #123 for her lips.
Halle Berry was stunning at the 66th annual Emmy awards, wearing a warm smokey eye look with a subtle lip that complimented her rose pink gown. Celebrity makeup artist Kara Yoshimoto created her awards night look and here’s how you can get the look at home:
1. For her face, Yoshimoto applied CHANEL Sublimage La Crème Yeux ($225) and CHANEL Perfection Lumière Long-Wear Flawless Fluid Sunscreen Makeup SPF 15 in 60 Beige ($57) to even out her skin tone. 104 Ambre was used to contour. She also used REVLON Highlighting Palette in Peach Glow ($9) and REVLON Cream Blush in Pinched ($13).
2. To prep her eyes, Yoshimoto used CHANEL Eclat Lumière Highlighter Face Pen in 50 Medium Deep ($40) For her bronze smokey eye she used REVLON PhotoReady Primer + Shadow in Metropolitan ($10) and REVLON ColorStay 16H Eye Shadow Quad in Adventurous ($8) lining her eyes with REVLON Luxurious Color Eye Liner Pencil in Sueded Brown ($10) Yoshimoto applied REVLON Growluscious Mascara in Black ($10) to Halle’s lashes and CHANEL Crayon Sourcils Sculpting Eyebrow Pencil in Blond Clair ($29) to her brows.
Hair Stylist Andy LeCompte gave Jessica Lange an elegant blowout with plenty of body for the Emmy’s Red Carpet. Here’s how you can achieve this hair look:
1. LeCompte started with freshly washed and conditioned hair using Wella Professionals Brilliance Shampoo and Conditioner ($23 ea).
2. While the hair was still damp, he applied a generous amount of Wella Professionals Extra Volume Mousse ($16) to the roots, then blew it out using a large round brush To set the waves, LeCompte wrapped 2” sections of hair around Velcro rollers, taking them down after 15 minutes. He then backed combed the hair from the roots and gently tousled curls with his fingers.
3. LeCompte sprayed an even layer of Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray ($15) to prevent flyaways and finished with a mist of Wella Professionals LuxeOil Light Oil Keratin Protection Spray ($28) for extra shine, texture and movement.
Find a Doctor
Find a NewBeauty "Top Beauty Doctor" Near you