There’s a lot happening in the world of beauty. Rather than try to keep up with it all, let us help. Here is what you need to know today.
1. Ciaté London has a new colored mascara that adds intense color to lash tips without weighing them down. Ciaté LashLights are available in six shades, including: Electric (blue), Serene (purple), Famous (pink), Surreal (aqua), Nightingale (navy), and Nymph (green). They are available now at Sephora.
2. The office of the U.S. Surgeon General has issued a public warning against tanning, both indoor and outdoor. He advises to avoid indoor tanning completely because it causes unnecessary skin damage. The Surgeon General’s report also recommends using a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen, and seeking shady areas when enjoying the great outdoors. USA Today reports that, unlike most other cancer, incidences of skin cancer in the U.S. continue to rise with nearly 5 million people being treated each year. Follow the Surgeon General’s advice to save your skin from unnecessary damage that could lead not only to cancer, but also to premature aging.
3. Get ready to celebrate! It’s National Lipstick Day, and Elizabeth Arden’s got you covered. Beautiful Color Moisturizing Lipstick provides all day moisture and all day color. It lasts 12 hours without feathering or fading and comes in more than 30 shades.
4. Finally, a hairclip for handywomen. Leatherman, famous for the multi-tool that clips onto a belt, has created something a little more stylish for women: a hairclip that doubles as a screwdriver, ruler and cutter. So you can be prepared for anything, even if it’s just getting your bangs out of your face.
5. Are you worried about a little extra fat on your pooch? No, we don’t mean your stomach; we mean your canine. One veterinarian’s office is now offering liposuction to remove lipomas, or fatty masses, in older dogs. Lipomas used to require an intensive surgery with a long recovery time, but using liposuction means that pup patients can recover in as little as two days. Doggy lipo is only intended to address serious health issues in (wo)man’s best friend. After all, our dogs are beautiful just the way they are. For more, check out the full article on Jezebel.
Find a Doctor
Find a NewBeauty "Top Beauty Doctor" Near you